Having slow internet speed on your iPhone can get pretty irritating. Especially when you are in a hurry and need to collect data as soon as possible. Internet on our iPhones has become such a necessity, that it is impossible to imagine life without it. If there is slow to zero internet, you cannot operate and access various features on your iPhone either. But you have come to the right place: this article will list where the slow internet in your iPhone might be arising from and how you can get it fixed.
Firstly, you need to make sure that there is enough data or at least a very good mobile data service. The new 5G connectivity deems all the previous mobile generation technology to be obsolete and granted that it is not widely available as of yet except it is being offered by some of the major telecommunication companies in the US. Xfinity is one of those that is offering 5G connectivity in all the newest iPhone devices. Having the fastest mobile technology is sure to provide seamless connectivity and a fast internet experience on all your iOS devices, so go ahead and call up the Xfinity phone number to sign up for Xfinity mobile service.
But there are some cases where even the fastest mobile technology isn’t behind the issue of the internet being too slow in your iPhone. It just means that the problem is with the iOS device itself. There could be many reasons why the internet in your iPhone is suddenly very slow;
- There might be too many apps or tabs running on your phone. Such a huge demand and usage can take a toll on your phone’s processor and result in speed reduction. Even if you have the fastest mobile network connection, it still can’t keep up with so many active tabs or background apps.
- When is the last time you cleaned out the cache? The apps and browsers in your iPhone stores lots of data in the cache so that it can quickly load data on your iPhone. This definitely speeds up the internet experience in your iPhone, but it can still slow down your phone, hence, slowing down the internet navigation as well.
- Reset the Network Settings? Yes, the network settings in your iPhone could also be responsible for the slowdown of the internet. Sometimes these settings get mixed up, slowing down your mobile internet. So you might need to reset the network settings, which you will learn how to do later in the article.
Now you’re here because you need to troubleshoot all these issues to boost the internet speed on your mobile phone. Now that you know that it is not a network or Wi-Fi issue, there are things you can try on iOS to get the internet working smoothly again.
How to Clear Cache on iOS?
- Go to Settings on your iOS, and scroll down to find Safari.
- On the next screen, scroll down to find and click on Clear History and Website Data.
- A prompt will appear, where you can confirm Clear History and Data.
What Apps are Draining Data on your iOS?
- Open Settings, and then tap on Cellular.
- On the next screen, if you scroll down the Cellular screen, you will be able to see how much mobile data is being used in the current period i.e. since your last reset. You will be able to see how much mobile data you have used on each app on your iPhone. You can even turn off the mobile data for some apps by toggling the switch right next to it.
- If you want to start all over again, scroll down to find Reset Statistics, where you can begin a new current period at the start of the billing cycle to keep track of how much data your apps use.
How to Disable Background Apps on iOS?
- Go to Settings, then select General.
- Find Background App Refresh on the next screen and tap on it.
- If you want to configure an individual app, you can toggle its corresponding switch accordingly.
- If you want to disable the Background App Refresh for all the apps, just tap on the Background App Refresh.
- Select whether you would prefer allowing apps to refresh on Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi and mobile data, or not at all.
How to Reset Network Settings on iOS?
- Go to Settings on your iOS device, and tap on General.
- Scroll down and click on Reset.
- On the next screen, click on Reset Network Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter your passcode, and once done, select Reset Network Settings to confirm.
These aforementioned steps should be able to resolve the issue of speeding up the internet on your iPhone. Just make sure your iPhone is kept updated and all the extra apps are not taking up space in your phone while you are performing online activities.