If you have an Instagram account, you can access it from any device – your phone, tablet, or browser on your computer. You only need your login credentials, such as your Instagram username or phone number or email address associated with the account, along with your password. If you have connected your accounts, you can login using Facebook as well. You can log in from any device using the following information.
How to log into Instagram on a mobile device
It is the same to log into your Instagram account on a smartphone or tablet regardless of whether you are using the Instagram app on an iOS device or an Android device. Instagram typically allows you to log in with your Instagram username, phone number or email address associated with the account – so enter any one of those three items. Type your password and tap the Log In button to continue.
How to log into Instagram on a computer
The process of logging in to Instagram is identical regardless of whether you’re using a Mac or PC. Enter your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with your account on Instagram.com. Enter your password and click Log in.
How to log into Instagram using Facebook
If you link your Instagram account to Facebook, not only can you easily share your Instagram posts on Facebook, but you can also login to Instagram using your Facebook credentials.
Connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts on your mobile device by opening the Instagram app, selecting the three-bar menu, and selecting Settings. Go to Sharing to Other Apps in the Account section and connect Instagram to your Facebook account. Linking these two accounts is a great opportunity to turn your Facebook friends into Instagram followers and vice versa.
You can then log into Instagram using your Facebook account after connecting your accounts – on the login page, you can click Log in with Facebook.
What to do if you can’t log into Instagram
You may need to reset the password if you’ve lost or forgotten it. Irrespective of whether you have an iPhone, Android device or a computer, the process is the same:
- When logging in, under the username and password fields, tap Get help logging in (if you’re using an Android phone) or Forgot password? (If you’re using iOS or a browser).
- Tap Next (if you are using Android) or Send Login Link (if you are using a web browser) to enter your email address, phone number, or username. When using an iPhone, choose the tab you want to use – Username or Phone – and enter the credentials associated with your account, then tap Next.
- A message will appear with instructions to reset your password.
Also, you might not remember the username or other information associated with your account, or you might be typing it incorrectly. Below are some suggestions:
- Check the spelling of the username or email address.
- Make sure your username does not have an @ symbol.
- Take a screenshot or write down the username of someone who can see your profile page.