Millions around the world use AOL Mail, one of the most recognized email services in the world. As with most other email services, AOL.com mail has its own login page. Users who are not very computer-literate and need clear instructions on how to securely log in to their AOL mail account through the AOL login screen should refer to this guide.
If you are having trouble signing in to your AOL email account, you may need to make sure you are doing it correctly. You can safely log into your AOL Mail email account inbox page using these best practices.
AOL.com Mail Login to Email account Guide
Check the login page’s URL
It may sound strange, but you need to confirm you are on the correct AOL Mail login page with the correct URL. There are many instances where people attempt to log into AOL Mail on a fake site by clicking a malicious link. You will find many fake AOL Mail login sites on the Internet pretending to be AOL Mail’s official login page. If you attempt to sign in on these fake sites, your login credentials will be stolen.
Please ensure the URL is from AOL.com or login.aol.com. It is always recommended that you manually enter AOL.com in your browser to access AOL.com Mail.
Don’t click on malicious links in your email or anywhere else that attempt to redirect you to the login page. Since the majority of AOL email account hacking cases are caused by users clicking and logging in through malicious links in email, it is imperative that you read this.
How to login to AOL Mail email account now
Here’s a step-by-step guide with screenshots that shows you how to correctly login to your AOL Mail inbox screen.
- To begin, go to login.aol.com in a web browser.
- Enter your AOL email address in the login form and then click Next.
- When the next screen appears, enter your password, and then click Sign in.
- By default, if you have entered your login credentials correctly, you will be redirected to AOL homepage, which contains all the news and headlines.
- Click on the email icon on the upper right corner of the AOL homepage screen to access your AOL Mail inbox.
- From the left pane, select Inbox.
- Now you should be on the AOL Mail inbox page where all your emails are stored.
How to sign out of AOL Mail
Simply click the sign-out link at the upper right corner of the screen, right below your AOL Mail username, to log out of your AOL Mail email account.
You should then be logged out of your AOL Mail account. It is always a good idea to log out of your AOL email account after you have finished using it, especially on computers you do not control.