QuickBooks’s most important feature is its payroll. It ensures that all payroll operations are smooth and uninterrupted, regardless of their size or nature. Payroll is vulnerable to errors, so even minor mistakes can have a significant impact on other payroll operations.
QuickBooks error 15222 occurs when updating Maintenance Release Essentials, Tax tables, or Tax tables. This error is rare and it is difficult to fix in QuickBooks. To get rid of this error, call QB payroll support. Here are the causes and steps for fixing this error.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15222?
Digital Signature Certificates obtained from the Internet Browser are the primary cause of Maintenance Release Update Error 15222 in QuickBooks. This error 15222 can also be caused by other reasons, which are listed below.
- The Outdated QuickBooks Software
- Antivirus software and Firewall, which are system security software, prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the Internet. This causes QuickBooks error 15222 for QuickBooks.
- Other browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, and others are being used. Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- The user is not logged in to Windows via an administrator account
- Inaccurate Time and Date.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222
Method: 1 Create Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
- Activate the Windows File Manager and Enter the detail C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the address field
- Click Enter to navigate QBW32.exe in the QuickBooks folder
- Right-click on QBW32.exe and select Properties
- To view the complete list of signatures, go to the Digital Signature tab
- Click here for more information about the Intuit Inc digital signing
- Now, click on the View Certificate button under the Digital Signature Window details.
- Next, click the Install Certificate button under the Certificate Window
- Continue pressing the Next button until you reach the Finish option
- Click Finish to restart your device
- Go to Update QuickBooks Again
Method – 2 Attach QuickBooks Procedure and Domain under Security Program Exclusion List
If you have already installed security such as antivirus or firewall on your device, make sure to add the following domains in the exceptions section.
Method 3 Go to Activate QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Move to the Download folder and activate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- To install the application, click yes.
- Tap Next to continue with the installation
- After QB Desktop Tools Hub has been installed on your computer, launch it by using the icon shown on the desktop
- Go to the Program Problems tab, and then choose Run QuickBooks File doctor.
- Next, select the option ‘Repair the file in your QuickBooks version’ and tap Next
- After the file has been updated or repaired, you can check to see if the ‘QuickBooks Major Updating Error 15222 is fixed.
Method: 4 Attach Internet Explorer to Your Default Browser
- Open Internet Explorer and, from the Tools section below, select Internet Options
- Tap at Make Default in the Programs tab.
- Click the OK button to start updating QuickBooks again.
Assuming none of these means assist with settling QuickBooks error 15222 ensure that you approach the web. For help, contact an IT proficient on the off chance that you can’t lay out an association with the web.