Error code 6147 is one of the crucial error codes under 6000 series errors. The error occurs when the user fails to restore your Quickbooks company file or while you are trying to open your Quickbooks file. This can occur because of different reasons. One of the prevalent reasons is that the Quickbooks application is not updated to the latest version or the Windows operating system is not compatible with the application. In this blog, we have emphasized the causes, symptoms, and resolution of the Quickbooks error code 6147. So, keep reading to know in detail.
Triggers of Error Code 6147
Here are all the triggers of Quickbooks error code 6147 because of which the error can occur. Check out the list below.
- Quickbooks File is corrupted on the system.
- The file that you are trying to restore is available on the external drive.
- QBW file present on the system is corrupted.
- In case the file present on the mapped drive is either deleted on the system
- There is some incorrect information on your company file.
Signs of Quickbooks Error Code 6147
Here are all the symptoms of Quickbooks error code 6147 that you can notice on your system.
- You are unable to open any Quickbooks file.
- The Quickbooks backup restore is unsuccessful.
- The active application shuts down when you perform any operation.
Ways to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 6147
We hope by now you are aware of all the causes and signs of Quickbooks error 6147. Here, we have explained to you all the ways which may be helpful to fix the issue. Make sure to follow all the methods in the same sequence to carry out the process hassle-free.
Way 1: Employing File Doctor Tool
The very first method is to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system. The tool is provided by Intuit to help the user get rid of the common network and company file issues. In case you have not installed the application on the system, make sure to install it from the official website. Other than that, you can also use the tool using Quickbooks tool hub. To use the Quickbooks file doctor using tool hub, here are the steps that you have to follow.
- First, you will have to download the tool hub on your system and then install it on the system.
- Now, you will have to start the tool on the server system in the network.
- Next, you will have to tap on the company file issues option and then click on the Quickbooks file doctor tool option.
- The tool will then start on the system after some time. When the tool will load, you will have to tap on the Browse option and then choose the file with which you are facing issues.
- When done, click on the option to check the file damage option.
- Now, you will have to choose the type of fix that you wish to use depending upon the type of error. For company file issues, you will have to click on the first of the two options and for H series errors, choose the next one.
- When done, tap on the option if you are using Workstation or the server system.
- Next, you will have to click on the start option. The process will take time according to the size of the file and your internet speed.
- In the end, try opening the Quickbooks file and check if the error is resolved.
Way 2: Copy Quickbooks File to Another Folder
Now, the next method that you can use to fix Quickbooks error 6147 is to move your Quickbooks file to another folder. This helps you verify if the Quickbooks file is damaged. Check out all the relevant steps below.
- For this, check if the hosting is enabled on your system.
- Next, you will have to start Quickbooks and then tap on the File option.
- Under the file tab, click on the Utility option.
- In case you get the option to stop hosting, you will have to click on it. Now, the confirmation prompt will appear on the screen. Choose the Yes option.
- Next, you will have to tap on the Yes option and the file will close.
- In the end, you will have to attempt to restore a backup of your file.
Way 3: Changing ND and TLG Files Name
Another method on the list that you can use to fix the issue is to rename TLG and ND files. The files are crucial for running the Quickbooks application smoothly on your system. Below we have listed all the steps you need to follow.
- To begin with, go to the folder in which your Quickbooks company file is present.
- Now, you will have to find the respective TLG and ND file.
- You will then have to tap on the file and then right-click on the file. A menu will then appear on the screen.
- From that, you will have to tap on the rename option and then add OLD at the end of the name.
- Now, save all the changes made. Start Quickbooks and then again sign in to the file.
Way 4: Run Install Diagnostic Tool
The following method to fix the issue is using Quickbooks install diagnostic tool. The tool can be downloaded from the official website or used through the tool hub. Here are the steps to use the tool.
- First, you will have to download the tool hub on the system by pursuing the process according to the steps mentioned in the above method.
- Next, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- Now, you will have to tap on the Installation issues option.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to start Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- The tool will then load and diagnose the issue.
With all the methods mentioned in the article, you will be able to fix Quickbooks error code 6147. In case you still encounter the same issue, you can seek technical guidance.