Colors have the power to transform a space into something unique and entirely different. A plain room when filled with colors gives a joyous vibe and vibrant feel. They can look striking and exquisite. However, selecting the right color palette that will bring out the correct elements and attract attention is important in this process. You do not want the color scheme on the walls to be overwhelming or underwhelming. Several factors come into play when deciding on choosing a color palette. No matter the shade choice, there are a few things that you would need to take care of which are – priming the walls, checking tractor emulsion price 20 litre or more and buying it, etc.
Choosing the colors – Making this choice is a highly subjective aspect of doing up your house. Each member might have different preferences that can be considered for their rooms. There is no right or wrong method to choose the colors that you might like for your room, however, there are a few things that you could consider.
- Decide on the scheme – Choose a color scheme that you think fits your style the best. You could use any of the following:
- Monochromatic – This uses two shades of the same color with the addition of black or white which could lighten or darken the shade. Example – sky blue, pale blue, midnight blue.
- Analogous – These use the colors that appear next to each other on the wheel. Check the Asian Paints colour code with image to get a better understanding and choose your patterns
- Contrast – Create drama within the room by choosing ‘opposite’ or contrasting colors shades to bring a vibrant energy
- Complimentary – Two colors that generally look good with each other– white and blue can be used.
- Things to consider – Before you pin the nail on the color palette, here are a few things that you can keep in mind:
- The tones – How do the chosen colors look on the walls? Try out the paint on a small patch in the wall to test the tone. Also, check the flow of the color combination and how well they blend in together
- The lighting – This plays a huge role in the interior décor and overall look of the room. It has the power to reflect and deflect the colors which might result in a variation in how it looks. Test the look during the day and at night to get a proper understanding.
- Where to start – Start the painting at the beginning probably at the entryway of the house and slowly move towards the insides. Begin with the colors that you are confident of and have been well tested. This should also give you more faith in your choices that you aren’t particularly sure of.
- Ceiling and walls – Treat these as two separate entities. You can paint the hallway in more neutral tones while the bedrooms can have contrasting colors decorating them. You can choose to give a slight switch to the ceilings as a contrast and a different shade only helps in enhancing and highlighting the room.
Make a list of all the parts in the house that need spicing up and select a combination or scheme depending on each of these parts. Include hallways and bathrooms as well so that you are able to create a holistic picture before you begin the task in its entirety. You can be bold and unique by choosing a palette that is different but flows well from room to room. Enjoy coloring your house by making it a stress-free project for you!