Cricket is a universally loved game that has been entertaining people for centuries. It’s the fifth most popular sport in the world, trailing only soccer, basketball, and field hockey in terms of participation.
Cricket betting has become increasingly popular among gamblers thanks to online wagering sites. Cricket betting has become one of the most exciting and lucrative markets for punters with the advent of online bookies. It remains a popular pastime for many across the globe. There are many seasoned bettors who make their living by placing bets on cricket games including cricket England vs Pakistan.
What was once a very niche market now caters to a much larger audience with many bookmakers offering a range of markets on almost every match played globally. In this article, we will look at some of the pros and cons associated with cricket betting and answer some common questions about this fast-paced game.
The Basics Of Cricket Betting
Before we jump into the pros and cons of cricket betting, let’s go over the basics of the sport itself. Although cricket is the most popular sport in Australia and other parts of the Commonwealth, it’s not nearly as well known in the U.S. As such, cricket betting might seem like a mysterious and confusing activity to many people.
Cricket is a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams of 11 players each. The objective is to score more runs than the opposing team by hitting a hard leather ball with a wooden bat. The batsman’s goal is to strike the ball and run to the other end of the field while the bowler’s goal is to prevent him from reaching the other end.
The simplest way to understand cricket betting is to liken it to American football betting. Football betting involves predicting the outcome of a match between two teams and predicting the outcome of individual plays. Similarly, cricket betting involves predicting the outcome of a match between two teams and predicting the outcome of individual shots played by each team.
What Is Unique About Cricket Betting?
There are many sports that offer cricket betting but there are many things that make cricket unique in terms of betting. The first is that online cricket betting is significantly more popular than its land-based counterpart. Not only do online bookmakers offer better odds than those at the local bookie shop but online cricket betting is also a fraction of the cost.
While people in the UK can expect to spend around £100 per week on online football betting, most cricket betting operations charge a one-time fee. Another unique aspect of cricket betting is the number of live betting options available to punters.
Live cricket betting is a type of match betting whereby bettors place their wagers on the outcome of a match in real time. Live cricket betting is available for all major events and is a great way for gamblers to make use of their prediction skills and real-time information.
Pros of Cricket Betting
Cricket betting has many advantages.
- First, it’s one of the most accessible forms of online gambling. You don’t need to download any software or install any plugins; you just need to open a new account and start betting.
- Cricket betting is also very easy to understand, especially for newcomers. With most cricket betting sites providing simple guides and walkthroughs, it doesn’t take long to become a competent cricket bettor.
- Cricket betting is lucrative. The odds for cricket betting are generally very generous, so it takes only a few correct predictions to make a tidy profit. Another advantage of cricket betting is that it can be done for free. Many betting sites offer free cricket betting to encourage new users to try out their service.
Cons of Cricket Betting
One of the most prominent cons of cricket betting is that it’s a form of gambling and therefore comes with inherent risk. This applies to all forms of betting but is particularly relevant to cricket betting because of the unpredictability of the sport.
- Cricket is a game of fine margins, and one misleading decision can change the outcome of the match. Because of this, cricket betting has a high house edge and thus, a very low long-term profitability.
- Another major con of cricket betting is that it’s a very time-consuming hobby. Cricket betting sites are open 24/7 and can be very addictive. It’s easy to lose track of time while analyzing the latest cricket odds and the predictability of live cricket betting can be incredibly stressful. It’s important for bettors to set limits and take breaks from cricket betting to avoid burning out.
Cricket betting can be lucrative for savvy bettors because of the numerous ways bookmakers set odds on specific aspects of the game.
If you’re a cricket fan, you probably know that betting on the game is popular in the UK and India. In fact, there are more bookies operating in India than in any other country. We don’t have to look too far back in time to see the popularity of cricket wagering as we can just think back to last summer when England vs India test matches dominated news headlines and broadcasts.
Cricket betting has many advantages, such as being easy to understand and very accessible. However, it also comes with a number of potential pitfalls. Before you start placing bets on your favorite cricket teams, it’s important to understand the risks involved with cricket betting and how to avoid them.