In this century, both men and women have started to indulge in self-care and pamper themselves with expensive salon manicures and pedicures. They have begun to understand the significance of having fun, colourful nails and its direct impact on mental health. It can boost a person’s confidence tremendously while at the same time allowing them to express themselves freely. And this revolution has led to a significant increase in sales in the department of nail polishes and other nail care products. Meanwhile, going to a nail parlour frequently can get very expensive. People have hence started to buy nail supplies online and DIY their manicures and pedicures.
The growing trend of purchasing essential nail products via trusted websites helps consumers reap the various benefits of the home nail salon experience. There are many exciting trends to try that have become increasingly popular, like acrylic nails, gel manicures and holographic nail art. As such, nail art enthusiasts purchase the necessary products and create exciting patterns to post them on social media, inspiring others to try them.
So, this article will not only shed light on the advantages of DIY nail art but also list out a few basic nail-care/nail art products to invest in that are worth the money.
Basic Manicure Products to Purchase
People prefer buying their nail supplies online due to discounts frequently available from sales such as Black Friday and Christmas sales. They make products more affordable for them to buy in bulk and stock to experiment with later. And for individuals who are dipping their toes into self-pedicures and manicures, below is a list of a few essentials to purchase from trusted websites to get started:
- Topcoat and Basecoat: Most people are unaware of using a base coat polish before using colour polish and a top coat post manicure. Both nail polishes are usually transparent and have a slightly different consistency from regular nail polish. As such, the basecoat helps the colour polish deposit evenly on the nail, and the topcoat prevents chipping and improves the longevity of the manicure.
- Gel Polish, LED and UV Lamps: People interested in slightly complicated nail art should certainly consider investing in 2-3 gel nail polishes along with an LED and UV lamp. The UV lamp emits UV (Ultra Violet) rays that accelerate the drying time of the gel polish, as they are difficult to air dry. And the LED lamp (Light Emitting Diode) makes the entire experience feel more authentic and helps focus on the art.
- Rhinestones and Nail Tools: Everyone should own basic nail-care tools such as a nail file, nail cutter, trimmer and nail oil. Additionally, people interested in bling can buy rhinestones and dotting tools to make exciting patterns on their nails and change things up a bit for different outfits and occasions. As such, there are many tutorials online that are easy to follow for creating unique manicures.
Why Everyone Should Consider Buying Nail Supplies Online
- Affordable: Good nail salons charge a lot of money for a simple mani-pedi appointment. And the prices start from $20 and can go up to $100. Hence, it is more affordable to purchase the necessary tools and to do manicures at home.
- More Options Available: Not all nail salon St George provide the same experience and have the versatility expected. The next best thing is to invest in high-quality polishes and nail products and, with some basic skills, create masterpieces.
- No Travel Required: The best thing about home-manicures and art is that the tools get delivered right at the doorstep. As such, people do not have to leave the comfort of their homes and travel kilometres for a nail appointment.